Each Saturday in the Month of Ramadan, The Islamic Institute of Toronto hosts an Iftar and Lecture Program.
I wrote about IIT at length on Day 6 of 30Masjids in 2011.
His lecture had breadth and depth weaving into it many threads:
- Marking Canada Day and reminding us that Muslims were present at Canada’s Founding
- Aboriginal Concept of Niskam in The Mi’kmaq Nation in Newfoundland and similarities with Islam
- Instinct in Migratory Birds and how they fly to the same trees year after year
- Why Fasting is not in vain, rather it is a Mercy on the Human Being
- Using Handheld devices during the Month of Ramadan