First and oldest Muslim Cemetery in the Maritime Provinces of Canada is found on Bible Hill, just outside Truro, Nova Scotia.
“…There was already a small Syrian Muslim cemetery, which was established in May 1944 and was located on Bible Hill Road in Truro, Nova Scotia a distance of about 100 km from Halifax.
“The cemetery was owned and maintained by the Muslim settlers who had immigrated from Syria/Lebanon and settled around Truro/NewGlasgow/Pictou area in the early part of the twentieth century.
“The second generation Muslims of these settlers became members of the IAMP.
“They took an active role in making the IAMP the mother organization for Muslims, including those of Middle Eastern descent, who were already settled throughout little communities in Nova Scotia.
“It was through their initiative and cooperation that in the years 1968 and 1970, the IAMP was able to buy additional parcels of land around the existing Syrian Muslim cemetery in Truro, which was just about to run out of space.
“Thereafter, in 1971, the IAMP built another small mosque in Truro on the newly acquired parcel of land, which was contiguous to the existing cemetery, so the funeral prayers and other religious activities could be undertaken there.”
Video Recorded on Sunday June 12 2016 shortly before Dhuhr, local time.